We are a STEM learning connector for the Traverse Bay Area, building a strong ecosystem to benefit our families, businesses and community since 2010.
Why we think increased STEM opportunities for our youth are so important:
- Industries are rapidly changing due to IoT and Big Data, and we need to prepare our youth and community for success in this increasingly digital economy.
- Local businesses need a pipeline of potential employees that have these technical and 21st Century skills and are already facing shortages..
- While local program providers are increasingly addressing these needs, there is a clear consensus that our community would greatly benefit from a comprehensive STEM hub that nurtures a vibrant and sustainable ecosystem of opportunities.
- We have an incredibly gifted community, willing and able to support this ecosystem with their abundance of time, talent and treasures; we need an effective way to connect them into the ecosystem.
What we are doing:
- Analyzing the needs of the community
- Connecting, catalyzing and creating solutions that meet our community needs
- Inspiring a local interest in STEM-related learning and careers
- Partnering to prepare our youth with critical 21st Century skills
- Advocating for universal access to quality STEAM learning
How we accomplish our mission:
- We multiply, amplify, support and promote existing STEM learning and career opportunities to families
- We research & collaborate to identify STEM-related skills that businesses need
- We work with educators and businesses to facilitate and promote clear pathways to regional STEM jobs
- We create and track metrics that are meaningful indicators of our success
- We will create and maintain a dynamic, searchable online STEM Hub for the Traverse Bay Area community.
- We vet national and international STEM experiential learning programs to create a toolbox of options for local educators and families.